Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Rolli Photog = A photographer using a Rolleiflex camera. 

The Rolleiflex Twin Lens is (or was) one of the great film camera systems. Compact and VERY durable, its up there with the best (and has inspired many poorly constructed nock-offs like the Yeshica-12). 

I've used the Rolli Professionally to shoot large groups (back in the days of film) and extensively for personal use. (I'd use it still if I was inclined to expose film) But sadly all my film cameras are collecting dust so to speak... 

...Actually they are well protected from dust. 

(oh dust...the eternal enemy of the photog)

Sadly the days of film are (like the Jedi) gone, and anyone with the skills to shoot film is setting on a big non commercially viable skill set.

oh well I'm not bitter, life goes on, and all that film knowledge makes one a better digital photog.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment